Yes…you heard right, doctor’s orders: Dr. William Fry (Stanford), a pioneer in laughter research said that just one minute of hearty laughter took his heart rate to the same level as ten minutes on a rowing machine. “If this is true … 1 hour of Videos after Dark could have the health benefits of a 7 hour workout!” says Gisela Colaiuta, announcer of the show.
Executive producer Vin Di Bona has known this for 30 years. His show “America’s Funniest Home Videos” is the longest-running primetime entertainment show in ABC history.
Now, for the first time he lets the audience into his secret treasure chest, where he collected hilarious, sexy, taboo videos. Finally, the risqué clips are out of the vault.
Bob Saget, the GRAMMY®-nominated comedian will host the show with an edgier twist and cater to a more mature audience. Videos After Dark reunites Vin Di Bona and Bob Saget in a show where the hits are a little harder, the language a bit saltier, the animals a little less cute, the kids a tad less adorable and the embarrassing moments more revealing.
Gisela Colaiuta is the voice-over announcer of the series and brings her signature sweet / sexy / cool voice to the show. The Hollywood actress, singer and voice over artist is the daughter of Jazz drummer Bert Karl and was married to legendary drummer Vinnie Colaiuta. At age 18 she worked at Hugh Hefner’s L.A. Playboy Club and was the youngest bunny ever hired. She also did fashions shows, catalogs and commercial print and was on the cover of Easyriders. She writes lyrics and had a dance record out in Europe including a house version of the Rolling Stones hit “Satisfaction”.
Gisela finds that the past experiences and training have meshed together to develop her new love of Voice Overs. “I’ve always been surrounded by the arts, my father always tells me to find the truth in art, keep the passion alive and most importantly… always have feeling. Find the soul of the art no matter which art you are expressing. I love music, dancing and laughing. It’s very healthy. That’s why I’m excited to be part of Videos After Dark. I love to work on projects that make my audience happy,” Gisela reveals.
Videos after Dark: Health Benefits of the show 😉
- The show can make you look younger: 15 facial muscles work together to help you smile and laugh. This increases the blood flow around the face, bringing the circulation into even the smallest of capillaries which, in turn, helps to make you look younger and healthier.
- The show can give you a workout: A good laugh can be compared to a mild workout, as it exercises the muscles, gets the blood flowing, decreases blood pressure and stress hormones, improves sleep patterns and boosts the immune system. says Steve Wilson, MA, CSP
- The show could make you lose weight: Maciej Buchowski, a researcher from Vanderbilt University, conducted a small study in which he measured the amount of calories expended in laughing. It turned out that 10-15 minutes of laughter burned 50 calories.
- The show can make you smarter: A study by the John Hopkins University Medical School showed that humor and laughter can also improve memory and mental performance.
- The show can boost your immune system. Laughing improves the body’s natural defense mechanism by increasing the amount of immunoglobulins and T cells in the body, therefore may raise the level of infection-fighting antibodies.
- The show can have positive after-effects: Laughing expands the inner walls of the arteries which increases the ability of blood to flow around the body, and, this positive effect lasts for up to 45 minutes after the laughter has stopped.
- The show can increase blood flow (not just because of the risqué videos): Researchers at the University of Maryland studied the positive effects on blood vessels when people were shown comedies.
- The show can soothe tension. Laughter can also stimulate circulation and aid muscle relaxation, which can help reduce some of the physical symptoms of stress.
About Videos After Dark
ABC announced that it will air a special first-look episode of new series Videos After Dark, a new comedy reality series hosted by comedian Bob Saget and featuring home videos with an edgier twist. As the original host of AFV, Saget is no stranger to the world of home videos, and this hour-long episode will center on videos from Vin Di Bona’s vast video vault, highlighted by Saget’s comedic commentary and catered to a more mature audience.
About Bob Saget:
Bob Saget has not only starred in many successful television shows, including two of the most family-friendly shows network TV has ever produced (Full House and Americas Funniest Home Videos), but he’s also been an out-of-his-mind stand-up comedian for over 30 years. From his 2014 GRAMMY®-nominated stand-up special, That’s What I’m Talkin’ About, to his scene-stealing cameos in Entourage, and The Aristocrats, it’s always effective when Saget embraces his dark side. He can be seen in the hit Netflix series Fuller House, and he directed and stars in the independent film Benjamin. His newest hour-long stand-up special, Zero To Sixty, is streaming on Amazon Prime, and he is on a huge stand-up tour across North America through the end of the year.
Vin Di Bona, Michele Nasraway and Bob Saget serve as executive producers on Videos After Dark. Saget also writes the show along with Michael O’Rourke and Mike Young.
About Vin Di Bona
Vincent John “Vin” Di Bona, the legendary television producer is a four-time Emmy award-winning producer and eight-time Emmy nominee, as well as recipient of the prestigious George Foster Peabody Award for his work in documentary programming. Vin Di Bona is CEO of Vin Di Bona Productions and Chairman of FishBowl Worldwide Media.
He produced many American television shows such as America’s Funniest People, MacGyver, and Entertainment Tonight, as well as America’s Funniest Home Videos. Di Bona is considered one of the pioneers of reality TV, thanks to Battle of the Network Stars, which Di Bona produced in 1976. By the 1980s, Di Bona had become a producer for the syndicated newsmagazine Entertainment Tonight and the ABC series MacGyver. He was also a director for the American Music Awards and the Academy of Country Music Awards and produced taped segments for the 36th Annual Emmy Awards, among others.
About Gisela Colaiuta
Gisela Colaiuta is the voice-over announcer of Videos After Dark on ABC. She brings her sweet / sexy / cool voice to the show. The Hollywood actress, singer and voice over artist is the daughter of Jazz drummer Bert Karl and was married to legendary drummer Vinnie Colaiuta. At age 18 she worked at Hugh Hefner’s L.A. Playboy Club and was the youngest bunny ever hired. She also modeled in fashions shows, catalogs and commercial print and was on the cover of Easyriders. She writes lyrics and had a dance record out in Europe including a house version of the Rolling Stones hit “Satisfaction”.
Gisela finds that the past experiences and training have meshed together to develop her new love of Voice Overs. “I’ve always been surrounded by the arts, my father always tells me to find the truth in art, keep the passion alive and most importantly… always have feeling. Find the soul of the art no matter which art you are expressing. I love music, dancing and laughing. It’s very healthy. That’s why I’m excited to be part of Videos After Dark. I love to work on projects that make my audience happy. I had no idea that all my years of training for the Olympics and swimming competitively could have had the health results of just laughing! LOL” Gisela reveals.